Author Archives: wholeboxndice

About wholeboxndice

Head of Primary, teacher, #pypchat Co-founder, Soon to be MEd Grad. Lover of inquiry. Advocate for Boys Education.

Introducing ‘The Whysmen’

*Originally posted at feedingmyeddiction.blogspot.com.au Taking on a new leadership role this year, my class load is significantly less than last year…60% less in fact. What I have discovered is that remaining 40% has become the target of full 100% of … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

When Inquiry is the Real ‘Force’

**Originally posted @wholeboxndice’s blog Feeding My ED-diction A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…  You can almost hear John Williams’ classic score in your head upon reading those famous words. It was the same fantastic music, from … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Connections Made by Connecting to Connectedness

This entry was originally posted at @wholeboxndice’s blog Yesterday marked the most successful teaching episode in my teaching career. What made it even more amazing was that I didn’t really teach during this lesson. Not by conventional definitions anyway. That … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment

Passion Driving Motivation Driving Learning

*Originally posted at the Blog ‘Feeding My ED-diction’ Having 10yo boys define and articulate passion can be a challenge. Having them demonstrate it…an attainable goal. My plan…Passion Week. Year 5 Passion Week falls within our PYP ‘Who We Are’ Unit … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 6 Comments