What do you think of this video shared on Twitter today by @neilringrose?
I started writing the post to accompany it, then changed my mind. Suffice to say, it encapsulates all of my schools learning principles.
- We learn in different ways, depending on abilities, learning styles, preferences and interests.
- Learning takes place through inquiry: questioning, exploring, experimenting and problem solving.
- Learning includes acquisition of skills and knowledge, constructing meaning and transfer to different contexts.
- Learning is active and social and is enhanced by collaboration and interaction.
- Learners need to feel secure, valued and able to take risks.
- Learning needs to be challenging, meaningful, purposeful and engaging.
- Learning includes meta-cognition and reflection, which support learners taking ownership of their learning.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
What thoughts did it bring to mind? Can you give it an alternative title that sums up the essence?