I visited a class last week where the students have been investigating the properties of materials and how they change. Some of the desired student understandings were that:
- The materials we use around us come from a range of sources.
- Some are natural and some are man made.
- Materials can be altered depending on the properties of the material.
- Materials are used for different purposes by people in our every day lives.
- The tools we use with materials are determined by the properties of the material.
As a result of their explorations they really got it. And the exciting thing is that these kids are four years old!
Their fabulous teacher Candess recorded their thinking and learning along the way…
Vodpod videos no longer available.